David McCann at CFO.com wrote about Cloud strategy from Finance's perspective.
Here's his advice:
1. Stay Alert - opportunities to move to the cloud will present themselves piecemeal. In the meantime, avoid investing in too much server capacity.
2. Spread the Wealth - re-consider consolidating all your IT with one vendor while balancing interoperability issues.
3. Do a Test Run - prototype in the cloud
4. Get Ready for a Change - realign your IT skill sets with the needs of how the business is changing
5. Take Care with Contracts - who owns, uses & controls your data? Beware costly up-charges. Factor in costs to move applications to the cloud and don't underestimate configuration changes. Don't ignore service level agreements.
6. Know Where your Data Is - especially understand various legal requirements for potential different jurisdictions.
Here's the full article.
Also see: Your Cloud or Mine